Symposium on the Triune God
July 27-29, 2021
Responding to the call of the 24th General Chapter “to deepen our consciousness of who we are in relationship to the Triune God, one another and God’s amazing universe,” the SSND Collaborative Leadership from the Africa, Atlantic-Midwest and Central Pacific provinces decided to host a Symposium on the Triune God to explore these dimensions of SSND life. They established a planning committee composed of Sisters from each of the three provinces. The committee sought input from other Sisters and leadership teams and explored the talents of gifted theologians who could offer insights to this focus.
The three-day virtual symposium, July 27-29, 2021, will include presentations given by Stephen B. Bevans, SVD and Gloria L. Schaab, SSJ. A panel of SSND representing a variety of cultures will offer responses to the speakers’ input, reflecting from their unique cultural perspectives. The entire symposium will incorporate prayer, reflection, sharing and feedback from participants. The complete schedule is available here: https://ssnd.org/trinity2021/schedule/
A collection of resources has been compiled on the symposium website to assist in preparing attendees prior to the symposium. Cross-province dialogues will also be offered in late May/early June in preparation for the symposium.
There are two options for participation: full or livestream only.
Full participants in the symposium are expected to:
- commit to attending the symposium from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CDT (2-10 p.m. GMT) on all three days (July 27, 28 and 29, 2021).
- have access to an individual device with an email address and be sufficiently comfortable with the technical requirements. (Nix will provide a training guide and local IT staff may provide assistance in advance of the symposium.)
- prepare for the symposium personally and in groups to the best of their ability using the resources available at https://ssnd.org/trinity2021/.
- participate in all aspects of the symposium including faith sharing and table discussions.
- register by April 30, 2021.
Livestream only participants will have access to the symposium presentations in real-time, but choose not to participate in the small group sessions.
Both full and livestream only participants must register in advance. We ask you to register by April 30, 2021, so there is time to organize and prepare for the small group sessions for full participants. If you have any questions about registering for the symposium, please contact Sister Patricia Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recordings will be made available on SSND internal websites the week following the symposium; there is no need to register to watch the recordings.