Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
June 22-26, 2022
Please register by April 22, 2022
We are excited to host our Congregational Assembly in a hybrid format this year.
The Assembly begins with an opening session on Wednesday, June 22 at 1:00 p.m. The closing session will end on Sunday, June 26 by 12:00 p.m. noon.
To accommodate all four U.S. time zones, the daily sessions will be:
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. (CDT)
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (CDT) for mid-day meal break
- 1:00 – 4:00 or 4:30 p.m. (CDT) with a 25 min break in the afternoon
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
The Assembly Planning Committee (APC), Continuity and Coordination Committee (CCC), and Leadership agreed to a HYBRID format for this Assembly. This means you may choose one of four options for participation. It is expected that BVM Voting Participants will select either option 1 or 2 and be present either in person (1) or via Zoom (2) for all sessions.
You may choose to:
- be present in person at the Best Western Plus Hotel (fully interactive)
- participate from anywhere, other than the Best Western Plus Hotel in Dubuque, using Zoom for listening and break-out rooms (virtually interactive as an individual)
- participate by joining with others in-person at an off-site location. With this group, a Zoom connection is required, so that one person can give a summary of your discussion. Before signing up for this option, please make a plan with other sisters and associates in your area as to where you will hold the gatherings and who will be coordinating the local Zoom connection (virtually interactive group)
- view the live streaming only (no interaction)
- Best Western Plus Hotel and Conference Center
Cost: $109 + $13.08 taxes = $122.08 per night for 1 or 2 persons
Two night minimum stay
You will request your hotel room through this registration site. You will provide a credit card to hold your room, but this card will not be charged until check in.
- Convent Suites, St. Columbkille Parish
Cost: $30 per person, per night
Available from Monday, June 20 through Monday, June 27
Contact Mira Mosle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make your own arrangements for accommodations
The agenda is not yet fully worked out. However, we anticipate:
- Daily thematic prayer; one weekend Eucharistic Liturgy
- Leadership presentation, including Finances, Mount Carmel Bluffs update and Future Planning
- Interactive and engaging presentations on:
- Directional Statements – both 1 and 2
- Laudato Si / Care of the Earth Committee
- Multicultural topics
- Interactive and engaging reports from various Congregational offices and committees
If you need assistance with completing your registration, please call Michelle Welter at 314-645-1455 ext. 104 or email email@example.com.